>Milwaukee County Literary Organizations
(Source: History of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, The Western Historical Company, Chicago; A.T. Andreas Proprietor, 1881
This society is composed of members of the former Harmonic Club. In 1878, a reunion of this society was held at a hall in Broadhead's block and the Concordia Club organized. The charter members were:
and several others.
The first officers elected were H.M. Benjamin, President; H.S. Mack, Vice President; Adolph Landauer, Treasurer; S. Heller, Secretary. At that time the membership was fifty. At present there are forty, with the following officers: G. Engel, President; H.S. Mack, Vice President; J.E. Friend, Secretary; Max Landauer, Treasurer; S.D. Adler, Manager.
This club has a hall fitted up in the most recherche style. They ahve a library of 150 volumes, reading rooms, card and billiard parlors. The reading room is supplied with the best weekly papers and is open every evening. No regular meetings are held.