>Milwaukee County Literary Organizations
The Popular Science Club
(Source: History of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, The Western Historical Company, Chicago; A.T. Andreas Proprietor, 1881
Was organized in 1876 by a number of ladies and gentleman interested in scientific pursuits. Dr. George Stark was the first President, and served two years. He was succeeded by Dr. O.W. Wight, who is the present incumbent. The object of the association primarily, is to bring scientific subjects down to the popular appreciation. For three years these lectures were given in the lecture hall of the Milwaukee College, and since that time in the parlors of the Plankinton House. The course of lectures has embraced the very best local talent, and the association is one of the most popular of the city's educational societies.