>Milwaukee County Literary Organizations
Verein Vorwaerts Literacy Society
From: The History of Milwaukee The Western Historical Company, Chicago A.T. Andreas Proprietor, 1881
Organized at Bader's Hall in 1873. The first officers were: John D. Rozall, President; Gustav Baebenruth, Vice President; John Wirth, Secretary; F. Miladopskey, Treasurer. They moved to Ackermann's Hall; from there to Centennial Hall, corner of Sixth and Chestnut streets. This society at present has one hundred members, with the following officers: Chas. Elkert, President; Hugo Sergall, Vice President; Paul Seidel, Secretary; Gustav Jordans, Financial Secretary; Albert Knoblauch, Treasurer; John Wirth, Librarian. A library of two hundred and fifty volumes has been established. The trustees are: Levi Chapman, John Heim and Ernst Beer. Meetings are held the first and third Thursdays of each month in Centennial Hall.