William Bramwell Sizer Diaries
Milwaukee County Police Department
These diaries are a mixture of work and family affairs of William Bramwell Sizer. William was on the Milwaukee Police Department and a member of the Sherman Street Methodist Episcopal Church, later transferring their membership to Kingsley Methodist Episcopal Church and died in 1916. The diaries give a pretty good view of life in the years involved. The diaries were given to me for presentation on this site by family members see contributors page.
- Zero. Fair W wind. Schaefer brot. My check. PM- Went to bank. Eve. Swartout came and asked me to loan him him. $100.00 for 90 days. I gave him a check, He gave ne a note.
- Zero. Fair W wind. Cold
= 14deg. Fair. Ewind. Very chilly. John Fkeckenstein shot & killed Walter
Shallock at 2 AM.
- 16deg. Ewind. Cloudy. Chilly. Selpt all day. Mrs. Chapman came to supper.
- 10deg. Ewind. Fair. Frosty.
- 10deg. Fair. E wind. Frosty. Rising temp.
- 23deg. Swind. Fair. Warmer.
- 26deg. NW wind. Cloudy. Snow flurries during the early morn. Washed .
windows for Minnie
- 8 deg. Fair. Wwind. Very cold & frosty.
- 10deg. Fair Wwind. Frosty. Everett and Irene Irene is going to stay a week.
- 22deg. Cloudy Swind.Snowing from 9AM till night. 4" fell.
- 25deg. NEwind, Fair.
- 16deg. Fair. Wwind. Rising temp. Very frosty during the night. Out early
- 28deg. Fair. Variable wind. Ada's birthday-24. Outtonight. Snowing, NE -
wind all day.
. - 20 deg. N wind. Went with Minnie to the carpet weavers. Irene went home this eve. Art came to supper.
- 8deg. Swind. Fair. Frosty. Slept till 5PM.
- 33deg. SWwind. Cloudy. Warmer. St. Patricks day. Rain at noon. Thawing
- 32deg. Fair Swwind. Pkeasant. Out early for Linden. Genthe sick. Linden
will be days over primary election. Thawing very fast.
- 36deg. W wind. Primary Election. Thawing very fast. Out early. Linden
on day duty for primary election.
- 26deg. NE wind. Cloudy. Snowing all day and eve. Colder.
- 22deg. NE wind. Snowed all night. Hard walking. Slept all day.
- 8deg. W wind. Fair Frosty. Walter called this PM.
- 16deg, W wind. Fair. Frosty. Wrote cards for Brotherhood meet. Next
- 28deg. High NeE wind. Fair. Chilly.
- 26deg. S wind. Fair. William Zillmers wife buried today. Swartout pd-note
- 34deg. Fair. Snow flurries with variable wind during the night. Went to
Bank at 10AM.
- 32deg. Fair S wind. Warmer. Out early. Linden off.
- 32 deg. W wind Fair. Off tonight. Brotherhood Meeting tonight.
- 32deg. E wind. Fair. Raw. Chilly Minnie Emma & I papered our bedroom
today. Went to N Mil at 5:25.
- 26deg. E wind. Fair. Frosty. Reported sick at 5:15 AM. Slept till 3:PM.
Have terrible headache. Painted bedroom floor this eve.
- 38deg. E wind. Cloudy. Thunder storm durinng the night. Minnie and I slept downstairs the first time in years.