Wood National Cemetery
Wood National Cemetery is locted in section 35WC. Address is 5000 W. National Ave.
Wood National Cemetery is a U.S. National Cemetery. It encompasses 50.1 acres, and has over 37,600 burials.
It was established in 1871 as Soldier Home Cemetery, to inter the remains of the Civil War soldiers and other soldiers under care in the medical center. In 1937 it was renamed Wood Cemetery in honor of General George Wood, a long time member of the Board of Managers for the Soldiers Home Medical Facility. It became a National Cemetery in 1973.
See more on the History of Soldiers' Home
Maps of the Cemetery
Interments for the Wood National Cemetery are online in full detail at Interment.net
DONCHECK: Remus A./d. August 1999 LEMBERGER: Francis E./b. Sept. 20, 1921/d. June 02, 1996/74 yrs old/US Army, PFC
Res: Milwaukee, WI/Plot: 40A 0 131/bur. June 10, 1996 RADULOVICH: George R. Radulovich/b. March 9, 1918/d. Sept. 8, 1889/Major US Army Retired Katherine e. Radulovich (nee Sampica)/b. Jan. 5, 1924 Iowa City, IA/ d. Feb. 21, 1991/daughter of Ernest and Amanda (White) Sampica/wife of George TRAUT: Lillian E. Traut/b. Milwaukee/d. August 8, 1988/age 60 ZUEHL: Carl/d. Jul 3, 1960/buried Aug 9, 1901