Source: Excerpts were taken from pages of an old 1880's publication on the history of Waukesha County.
The village and vicinity of Fussville were settled about the last of 1837, by Americans and Irish, who owned some of the finest farms in the town. In 1844, the Germans began to purchase these farms, and now not an American or Irishman remains to tell the story of the first settlement of the place.
The first church in the town was built here in 1846. It is a large and prosperous church society.
The farmers in the vicinity of Fussville are exceedingly thrifty, and have some of the finest farms in this portion of the county.